Wedding in India are joyous occasions of celebrations but at the same time brings in equal amount of decision making about the decorations, the attires, music, catering, food, etc. Among these, for a bride, one of the most difficult tasks is to choose the attire she would be wearing on her pre-wedding ceremonies and of course, on her big wedding day.
Are you having a wedding too? Firstly, congratulations. And if you too are equally confused about how to decide what to wear, following are some factors that Indian brides generally consider when buying their sarees for weddings.
- Their vivacious colors: Normally, the bridal Indian sarees are found in the shades of pink and red they believe these colors represent love, passion for life, joy and happiness. Moreover, with the changing trends, the women around the country have started wearing some contemporary colors including yellow, orange, lavender, shades of green, etc. Each of these colors are vivacious enough to promote the splendor of the bride. Sarees in different shades are ideal for women with different skin tones. Therefore, one should select a saree while keeping in mind their body types and skin tone.
- The varieties in different region: There’s a huge variety of bridal sarees in India. Banarasi Sarees in the North and Kanjivaram Sarees in the South, are the most popular wedding sarees among all. Also, Kashmiri Silk sarees are known for their comfort and style and are considered suitable for weddings.
- The range of designs: There are limitless selections of bridal sarees when it comes to designs. For instance, the bridal sarees contain light or heavy embroidery that make it suitable for the pre-wedding and post-wedding ceremonies respectively. For the wedding day, golden zari work, organza work, stone and mirror work, silver zari work, and sequins work are the most preferred designs.
- The choice of Fabric: The Indian sarees are made from various fabrics, the most fashionable being silk and cotton. The selection of material relies on the individual’s taste and kind of weather conditions prevailing. Though, as stated above, with the changing trends, the brides have been moving on from the cliché, and are choosing sarees that includes velvet sarees, net sarees, etc. for their pre-wedding ceremonies, the wedding day, and of course, the reception.
- Nevertheless, sarees crafted from all kinds of materials are highly esteemed.