Before you lay your hands on your favorite leggings or tights it is important to know what is the basic difference between the two. Buying the wrong bottom wear might harm the entire look, thus making you look unsightly and feel uncomfortable. After all who wants to step out of their house looking like a complete fashion disaster?
We offer some insight on some distinct differences between leggings and tights and how to choose the right outfit to suit your body type, the dress, and the occasion.
To begin with, the most common of all is that tights are thin, translucent outfits that offer a leg-hugging fit, while leggings are solid and heavier outfits that appear as footless tights. Many would consider tights to be similar to stockings. However, that is not so. Stockings can be considered as light weight, thin stretchable socks that stretch up to the thighs, thus making them specifically different than tights.
1. Tights are made of thin and translucent fabric that covers the body from the waist to the tips of the toe, while leggings are thick and solid and cover the body from waist to the ankles. Leggings are worn by both men and women, since many are designed in a manner that they look like pants.
2. Designed using elasticized cotton along with polyester blends, tights are light in weight and thinner, while leggings are made of nylon, lycra, cotton, polyester or spandex. The fabric can be chosen depending on the weather conditions, comfort of the wearer, and the top or tunic with which they need to be paired.
3. Tights are tailored so as to cover the entire feet, while leggings are available in two lengths – one that covers up to the ankle, and the second that goes right up to the mid-calf.
4. Tights most often are worn underneath a skirt or other clothing, while leggings are designed to be worn as bottom wear on long tops/tunics and Kurtis.
5. Tights offer a leg-hugging fit that often appears like a second skin. Whereas leggings do have a leg-hugging fit but are available in solid colors that make them appear as pants. In addition, leggings also have pleats at the ankle, whereas tights fit tight at the feet too.
6. Tights need to be paired up with shirt dresses, skirts, dresses, shorts, etc, while leggings can be paired up with tunics, tops, Kurtis, mini-skirts, shorts, etc.
7. When it comes to footwear, tights can be accessorized with ballerinas or boots, while leggings seem to be versatile as they can be combined with any footwear that suits the entire outfit and the occasion.
8. As concerns the occasion to wear tights, they seem to be perfect attire for ballet dancing or theme parties. Also, tights can be worn during winters to offer warmth to the legs. Leggings can be worn in all seasons, and most occasions, especially with the right top or Kurti. In addition, the variety of fabrics used for leggings make it a comfortable wear in all seasons.
When buying leggings or tights visit online store, just type leggings Indian and you will see come across shop dealing in the attire. The leggings online shopping is easy and fun.